Michael Thad Allen, Esq.
Michael Thad Allen came to his legal career in a different way than many others. He first graduated from The University of Pennsylvania with a Ph.D. in History and Sociology, and spent over a decade in academia as a professor of History. While he enjoyed his time teaching, he witnessed some of the inconsistencies and challenges facing students and faculty in higher education. Michael’s passion for civil rights and individual freedoms led to a decision to pursue a law degree, and he graduated from Yale Law School in 2010.
Michael began his legal career as a clerk for the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court before moving on to work at reputable trial practice firms. At these firms, he honed his litigation skills, but also gained interest and experience in cases dealing with higher education. He founded his own firm in 2018 to focus mainly on the cases he is passionate about – representing students and employees in disputes with colleges and universities.
Michael brings unique experience as a professor, a passion for the law, and relationships forged in practice to serve clients with skill, attention, and compassion. His commitment to defending civil liberties and advocating for his clients is unsurpassed, and he remains incredibly grateful for the trust each client places in him.
- Principal at Allen Law, LLC, New Haven and Quaker Hill, Connecticut
- Day Pitney, LLP, Hartford, Connecticut
- Todd & Weld, LLP, Boston, Massachusetts
- Clerk for the Hon. Ralph D. Gants, Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court, Boston, Massachusetts
- Associate Professor of German History, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia
- Yale Law School, Juris Doctorate 2010
- Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania, Doctor of Philosophy – History and Sociology of Science 1996
- Fulbright Fellowship, 1993-1994
- Whitman College, Bachelors Degree – English and Math-Physics 1987