Colleges and universities should be safe havens for students to study, learn, grow, and forge a path to success in life. Unfortunately, there are times when students face sex-based discrimination or harassment that interferes with their life on campus. You have legal rights in this situation, however, so if you believe this has happened to you, our Title IX lawyers are here to help. Contact Allen Harris today to tell us your story so we can assess the best path forward for you.
Title IX Lawyers | Protecting Your Rights Under Title IX
Students facing discrimination or harassment on campus need an advocate who understands their rights under Title IX and who will do everything in their power to fight for those rights. The attorneys here at Allen Harris have worked for years to protect and preserve the rights of students on campus, and our firm is ready to put those years of experience to work for you. Whether you are the victim of discrimination or you’ve been unfairly accused of wrongdoing, you can depend on the experienced Title IX lawyers here at Allen Harris to effectively represent you through every step of the process ahead.
Our Legal Services
Our attorneys work diligently to protect students’ rights under Title IX. These rights are extensive, so to ensure your rights are protected, you need an attorney who is well-versed in higher education law. Issues that arise under Title IX include:
- Sexual Assault & Violence: If you were the victim of sexual assault on campus, you have rights under Title IX. Your school is required to offer you protective measures to ensure your safety, as well as the opportunity to file a Title IX complaint and pursue disciplinary action against the perpetrator. We can help ensure that your institution is fulfilling its obligation to protect you and your rights. At the same time, Title IX also requires institutions to uphold the rights of students accused of sexual assault, and to ensure that they are given a fair process in which they are presumed innocent and are able to meaningfully defend themselves. If you have been accused of sexual assault in a campus Title IX proceeding, you should strongly consider hiring a lawyer who understands respondents’ rights under Title IX and who can effectively defend you against such accusations.
- Sexual Harassment: Title IX also protects students against sexual harassment, and requires that students accused of sexual harassment be given due process rights before they can be found responsible. Whether you are a victim of sexual harassment or you’ve been wrongfully accused of sexual harassment, Allen Harris is here to help you.
- Stalking: There are few things more frightening than being stalked, spied on, or followed. Title IX protects victims of stalking. There are also times when students may find themselves wrongly accused of stalking if their behavior is misconstrued. Whether you have been the victim of stalking or you believe you’ve been wrongly accused of stalking, you should hire an attorney who understands the ins and outs of Title IX and can work to protect you.
- Intimate Partner Violence: Unfortunately, intimate partner violence happens in student relationships. If you find yourself in this incredibly difficult situation, you need an attorney who knows your rights and cares about your safety. At the same time, being wrongly accused of an act of intimate partner violence can damage a person’s life and reputation for years into the future, and can result in a wide array of potential legal and academic consequences. If you have been the victim of or wrongly accused of intimate partner violence, our firm is here to help.
- Title IX Retaliation: Under Title IX, it is unlawful for a school – or another student – to retaliate against someone for bringing a claim of sex discrimination or harassment. It is also unlawful to retaliate against someone for being the accused student in a Title IX proceeding. If you are involved in a Title IX proceeding and believe you are suffering retaliation, you should contact a Title IX attorney who can help evaluate your claim.
Contact Our Title IX Attorneys
Title IX provides students with a wide array of protections from sex-based discrimination and harassment – and requires that those accused be treated fairly. Regardless of your situation, our firm is here to assist you in any way we can. Contact Allen Harris today so we can get started.